cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handset does not have dialling tone.

Ian201
Joining in

I am not a happy chappy with Virgin Media. Due to an imposed change in systems I have had to move our telephone to a different room so that it can be connected to the Virgin HUB. I now find we do not have a dialling tone although we can telephone in and out. Before the change our telephone was working properly. How do we get a dialling tone? How do we get the telephone back to its original location without incurring a charge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ian201,

A warm welcome to our community forums and thanks for posting. Apologies that you have suddenly lost your dialling tone, however you can still make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls. This is very strange!

We can certainly help relocate your landline back to its original place. We will arrange a technician to do some additional wiring for you. 

With regards to your dialling tone, can we make sure that you have the landline set up correctly first of all. 

Can you make sure that the adapter we provided is plugged into the grey port at the top (labelled Port 1) on the back of the Hub.

Plug the end of the telephone cable you unplugged from the wall socket into the adapter. Once you have done this, wait a couple of minutes for a dial tone, then make a test call. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some details so we can relocate your landline. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ian201,

A warm welcome to our community forums and thanks for posting. Apologies that you have suddenly lost your dialling tone, however you can still make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls. This is very strange!

We can certainly help relocate your landline back to its original place. We will arrange a technician to do some additional wiring for you. 

With regards to your dialling tone, can we make sure that you have the landline set up correctly first of all. 

Can you make sure that the adapter we provided is plugged into the grey port at the top (labelled Port 1) on the back of the Hub.

Plug the end of the telephone cable you unplugged from the wall socket into the adapter. Once you have done this, wait a couple of minutes for a dial tone, then make a test call. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some details so we can relocate your landline. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Dear Jody,

I followed the guide that came with the connector. I have rechecked the connection and all we still do not have a dialling tone.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

With kind regards,

Ian