cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOPING SOMEONE FROM VM CAN HELP!!!

mmc1978
Tuning in

I've not been able to use either of my handsets since December. Pretty new phones too so I know they've not both suddenly broken! Our local box (at the end if the road, visible from my kitchen window) was vandalised & VM didn't come out to attend for a good couple of weeks! People were commenting on Social Media & local websites (Next Door) that they'd reported it to no avail! Finally when engineers came out the box was cordoned off but people still reported faults. Several weeks later still, my landlines still doesn't work & on top if that, my TV & Broadbsnd services are always on the blink! It's so frustrating! 

I've been a loyal VM customer for 16+ years now. When I last renewed my contract & a senior engineer came out to check my connections (always slow & really old wiring!) I was promised booster plugs but they never arrived! I only live in a flat & I can't even use a Ring doorbell at the front door as the WiFi drops in & out so much losing connection! It's ridiculous! 

8 REPLIES 8

mmc1978
Tuning in

On top of that, TV's always have a fault. I'm constantly having to reset the boxes as I'm constantly told the test no connection to the HUB! 

Such a waste of money! 

Hi mmc1978,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your landline service recently and that the TV and Broadband aren't working as well as they should be.

Checking our systems, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F010463188
  • Estimated fix time: 08 FEB 2023 16:00
  • Description: Status report  ||  You might find that you don't have any Virgin Fibre, Voice, or Interactive Virgin TV services at the moment. We are sorry about this and are working hard to restore your services as soon as possible.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved. 

If you are still having an issue once the fault has been resolved, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes this latest fault you're referring to started last night as I was unable to watch Netflix or Prime lol. I alsochecked the status this morning, which confirmed VM are aware of it. My HUB has a solid red light which isn't fixed after rebooting. 

The landline not working is an ongoing issue - since December. 

What is the automatic compensation by the way?

Many thanks,

Maxine. 

Hi Maxine, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

For now as the fault is affecting all services we will need to wait for this to be resolved. Once it is, should you have any further issues we can then take a look in to things. 

If you click on the link I added for the Automatic Compensation, it will explain what it is all about including prices and the criteria for being eligible. 

Let us know if you still having an issue with anything once the fault has been resolved. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Many thanks for your help. 

Regards,

Maxine. 

No worries at all Maxine. 

Hopefully the fault will resolve everything for you but if not we can look in to things in more detail. 

Speak soon and enjoy the rest of your day 👍

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Sorry didn't see this message before. 

The fault was a general one I'm the area. My problems are ongoing so unfortunately didn't make things better here! 

Matt is helping me to resolve my problems now, so hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel as the phone line is still not working & the WiFi as unreliable as ever! 

Thanks and regards

Maxine. 

Hey mmc1978, just jumping on this thread to let you know I have just replied to your PM. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?