cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting support - landline issue

Marksvegplot
Tuning in

My landline phone has been u/s for several hours, and I have eventually (with great difficulty) reported this, yet the Virgin Media Service Status insists that there are no faults in my area. Why?

All the alleged "self-help" features  - e.g. "Fix my landline" - don't work. There is a real need to be able to talk with a human being, and not a bot!

There also seems to be no easy way of reporting a fault, since I am unable to dial 192 from my landline!

IMO the Virgin Media customer service offering is awful. 😞

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I imagine it will end up in the courts one day when "concerns" are ignored and telephone lifelines don't work and faults remain unresolved.

Interesting, i might change service provider if virgin dont wake up and see the stupidity of this change over.

Look at it this way. Im totally homebound 11 years. I ring my elder.y mum who is alone every morning and night exactly same time. She only has virgin landline she cant use a mobile she is almost blind and too old. As i am homebound in my family i am in best position to check in as other family members are at work. So the system we have is i ring these times, if she doesnt answer i ring my sister who then leaves work and rushes over, its an emergency. Few weeks ago my mum didnt answer, she had a fall, left alone had i not be able to ring she would have died. Now of course we cant be there 24/7 and she could fall anytime, but my mum is reassured that i am ringing at 2 set times so if she is conscious she knows the call is coming and if she cant answer help will arrived, like it worked not long ago. Her knowing i am ringing in itself is vital, its a system that works, and other member of family check in throughout the day but not at set times, im the one who does that. If fibre line doesnt work due to power cut me having a mobile want work because mum only has landline, so she will become isolated and at risk and frightened not knowing what to do.

Plus i need my phone for my care and connection. I have a mobile but im on payg because its not worth paying for a contract as its for emergencies and im sick and tired of being told to ring 0345 which costs me 45p per minute and being kept waiting for ages. Plus having mobile doesnt help my mum and i am seriously annoyed virgin are being allowed to go ahead, yet again no thought for those who matter, the vulnerable and elderly . Im seriously going to have to consider alternatives if this fibre goes ahead.