cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get one+ ring for incoming landline calls then disconnects-intermittent

Lewlew
Up to speed

Whether it's from someone outside of our home's mobile or landline, or from our own mobiles right here in the house, the callers are getting maybe one or two rings then the call quits at their end.  It's intermittent, though. This is not an issue for them, I double checked a test today after going out and buying a brand new handset!  I was convinced it was our old handset after learning I had missed several calls from someone who doesn't usually ring my mobile.

We always have a dial-tone and can make outgoing calls OK with either the old or new handset. So it's really weird

Husband is on Voda and I am on VM for mobiles and we both have the same problem with the old AND the new handset. The problem is... it is intermittent. It happens for maybe every other call that comes in.  The last calls that were done as a test, were where I had the caller ring from his mobile (on Voda) from across town and from his landline (also on Virgin) and he heard 2 rings then dead air for each test. I heard 4 rings here and picked up and heard nothing either. I have not gone the 5-6 rings to let it go to the built-in answerphone.

Our telephone receptacle is separate from our modem. It is on the other side of the room. It is an original Telewest receptacle and is from 2001.

Help?  I am on mobile for lots of things, but not all. We still get some important calls, eg if from the States from an elderly lady who can't text. The only upside of this is that the cold-calling seems to have suffered. Don't mind that!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Lewlew,

Thanks for passing your details over via private message 🙂

I've been through some checks and it does look like an engineer is needed, I've booked this in for you, and you can view the time and date via your online account here 

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lewlew,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the line.

Thank you for testing another handset and for all the information you've provided so far 🙂

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,  Thanks for the reply. I don't have a PM from you yet. I can check later if you are busy.  Cheers, Lew

Hi Lewlew,

Thanks for passing your details over via private message 🙂

I've been through some checks and it does look like an engineer is needed, I've booked this in for you, and you can view the time and date via your online account here 

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex, 

Is there suppose to be something under Orders & Appointments or someplace else?  There isn't anything under Orders & Appts.  Sorry, maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Cheers,  Lew

This should be where it is Lew!

I'll pop you the details over via private message.

Alex_Rm