cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get an engineer

Chez2681
Joining in

So we've had a phone line for years, it stopped working some time ago, never bothered to get it fixed as never use it, but would like to get it fixed now. 

I cant find anywhere on line to chat or to request an appointment for an engineer to come out. I'm sure you used to be able to do it online ?

How can I do this without phoning, I dont really have time to call.

Always like the online options. 

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chez2681

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear your phoneline is not working. All our contact methods can be found here - https://virg.in/contactvm

Regarding the phoneline itself - is there a dial tone at all or what's happening?

Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo. 

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you:

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
• Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 
Keep me posted

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi 

Yea it's master socket.

Using a basic phone 

No dial tone what so ever

Hi Chez2681,

Thank you for going through those checks. 

You may need an engineer visit.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange that.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @Chez2681 

I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you.

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide