cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flats above us can get Broadband, we cant?

ConistonChris
Joining in

We are moving to a ground floor flat. The postcode checker says we can't get Broadband = TV, Internet and phone.

Checking flats in the three storeys above us I find that several of them can.

A Virgin  person told me on the phone that we cant have it and it would cost £thousands for us to get it too. We've been customers for maybe 30 years and don't want to leave!

This seems illogical - he didn't explain why and I cant believe that there are No spare lines in the ducting outside.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Coniston Chris
Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you having to query a new address for services.
Id like to take a look into this for you

Although I cannot promise we can get the service installed, Id like to see if it is possible.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to get some details off you.
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Coniston Chris
Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you having to query a new address for services.
Id like to take a look into this for you

Although I cannot promise we can get the service installed, Id like to see if it is possible.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to get some details off you.
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for those details ConistonChris. 

I have passed your details over to a Team that deal with Non Serviceable addresses. 

They will get in touch with you as soon as they can to look at arranging a site visit.

Can you please let me know if you don't hear anything. 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,
thanks for this.
Do you have any idea of time-scale? We expect to move in around 2 weeks and will have to sign up to BT if we cant get any broadband then or shortly after!!! And start the nightmare of migrating from my present blue yonder email address before they cut that off too [I believe it has a 90 day life after end of contract]
Chris

Hello ConistonChris. 

I would say around 5 days for a call and visit. 

If its deemed serviceable, then it can take anything up to 8 weeks if we need permission to dig any portion of the drive or public path. 

But that can be discussed when we attend.

Gareth_L

thank you

No problem at all ConistonChris.

Can you please let me know how you get on.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

I haven't had a call - or visit, as far as I know!

I do hope this happens, and is successful!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ConistonChris,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear you've still not received a call, or visit. I'll get this chased up for you now as you should've been contacted by now.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Dear team

You are miracle workers!!!!!!

After a couple of very helpful phone calls, we now have an installation date - in just over a week's time. And somehow, a reduced subscription!

This is all so much better than I had feared!

And despite the very confident advice I had been given by a Virgin representative, that an installation was impossible!!!

Incidentally, I have learned  that, even if installation had not been possible, and our contract ended, I could still keep my blueyonder email address, despite what the website says. Which would have been a great reassurance during the period where the new connection was uncertain.