cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibrephone

Sunflower2
Joining in

Been sent the connector to transfer my land line phone to fibrephone. Wrong connector for my phone. Virgin say I have to buy a new land line phone that is comparable. I find this a disgraceful request. My land line is part of my Virgin Package. I have been with Virgin and before Telewest  for many years. I am 70 years old and a pensioner on pension credit. I can not afford a new  phone. I find this appalling. 😥

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sunflower2

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread this was sorted, any credits applied to a pre-created bill won't be seen online but go off what we said in the PM 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sunflower2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, we are sorry to hear your phone isn't compatible for our new phone Via our Router, we understand you have been with us a while and aren't happy.

In order to provide the best service we need to keep upgrading our network and keeping everything updated and future proof, as our phonelines are now becoming obsolete.

Regards

Paul.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Sunflower2 wrote:

Been sent the connector to transfer my land line phone to fibrephone. Wrong connector for my phone. Virgin say I have to buy a new land line phone that is comparable. I find this a disgraceful request. My land line is part of my Virgin Package. I have been with Virgin and before Telewest  for many years. I am 70 years old and a pensioner on pension credit. I can not afford a new  phone. I find this appalling. 😥

What sort of plug does your phone have on it? If it is a UK phone it should have a UK plug like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_telephone_socket#/media/File:British_Telephone_connector.jpg

That goes into the VM adapter and the adapter plugs into the TEL1 socket on the hub as per pic below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/180470iAFE3FF7028D6639C/image-size/me...

The VM adapter should be a small RJ11 plug on one end, to go into the TEL1 socket, and a BT socket on the other end to receive a standard BT phone plug.

You only transfer the phone connection to the hub once you have been switched over to the hub by VM.

If you are currently a VM landline user, you must already be plugged into a VM/Telewest phone socket of some sort. A VM phone socket would use the standard BT plug at link 1 above.

I have an engineer coming in 2 weeks time, the earliest Virgin could do..... It means I am without my land line all this time. You are right with the connection I have and do not need a new phone as Virgin insists. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sunflower2,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing landline issue. I'm glad to hear that you have an engineer appointment set so that our team can look into your query further and see how we can assist.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further support going further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi.

The engineer visited me on Saturday July 30th and was able to sort it out, and get my landline working quickly and easily, without me having to buy a new phone. 

He was an extremely, friendly, courteous and knowledgeable young man. 

Would it be possible to be given a reduction on my bill, for the time I was without my landline please? It is a part of my Virgin package.

The lady on the phone gave me the wrong information and I am glad I insisted for an engineer to call  even though it was quite await.

Thank you.

Angela Vaughan..@Sunflower2

Morning Angela. I'll send you a PM now 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Sunflower2

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread this was sorted, any credits applied to a pre-created bill won't be seen online but go off what we said in the PM 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team