cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibrephone switchover

kitreeve
Tuning in

I received a text saying that my switchover date was November 16th. I have followed all the instructions but I am getting no connection through the router and thr old landline connection is still working. Can you verify that the switchover date is correct for my area. My postcode is PL3 5TA.

Thanks
Kit Reeve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kitreeve,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Please can we ask you to remove any personal details from this public space. We want yo keep you and your details safe.

If you have only just had the switchover take place, this can take a couple of days to change over fully. If you currently have a dial tone on your old master socket, you can still use this for the time being. You will know when the changeover has taken place as this line will no longer work.

At this point you will then need to transfer your landline over to the hub and use the TEL1 port. 

If you have any issues, please come back to us so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kitreeve,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Please can we ask you to remove any personal details from this public space. We want yo keep you and your details safe.

If you have only just had the switchover take place, this can take a couple of days to change over fully. If you currently have a dial tone on your old master socket, you can still use this for the time being. You will know when the changeover has taken place as this line will no longer work.

At this point you will then need to transfer your landline over to the hub and use the TEL1 port. 

If you have any issues, please come back to us so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I wish someone would tell me what is happening with the fibrephone switchover in my area. The only information I have received was a text saying it was happening on 16th November. Two days later still nothing has changed. I have one phone plugged into the hub and another plugged into the old landliine. The landline is still working but there is still no connection from the hub. Is it possible to get a definite reply from someone?

Thanks for coming back to us kitreeve,

We do apologise that the switchover has still not happened. So, we can investigate this further for you, I am going to invite you in for a private chat to take some details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi kitreeve,

Many thanks for the private message and apologise for any confusion caused with the changeover date. As discussed, you will be contacted with a new time and date.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please come back to us through this channel and we will be more than happy to assist.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

On Friday you said I would receive a text within 4 hours to confirm a time for my switchover. It is now Monday morning and I still have heard nothing, Can you let me know what is happening please.

regards

kitreeve

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kitreeve,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the text message confirmation. I can see you've also let Jodi know directly in your private conversation.

Once she is on shift, she'll get back to you as soon as possible with an update.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ