cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibrephone change, engineer appointment

MaureenW
Tuning in

On Friday 18th Feb - spoke to an operative about changeover to fibre phone on 28th February, and need for engineer to install extra wiring - phone point and hub in separate rooms.

He checked with another because I also have Telecare attached to the phone; was told that engineer had been booked and the engineers would TEXT me within 4 hours, giving date etc.

No text!

Sat. 19th - check My Virgin Media - appears an appointment is there for 16 March! That means I will be without landline, and the Telecare, for 16 days! Poor communication from Virgin!

Can someone in the Team please check and sort this?

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MaureenW,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that we haven't been able to offer a sooner appointment to have your new landline service installed, I do appreciate why you're frustrated with the time given.

We would always offer the next available appointment slot, so it seems likely that we may have a lot of other customers requesting the same in your area, hence the little availability.

I'll pop you over a PM to check this for you just in case and see if we can arrange a priority visit due to having a lifeline service attached to your phoneline.

Beth

Just to say a huge thank you to Beth_G for sorting this problem for me.
The engineers came today, all work done … they too were great.
Thank you Beth!