cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

mac51
Joining in

Hi, we received a letter stating that we need a new superhub. We only have a superhub 2. So 3 or above is obviously needed. That's fine. But I don't understand why VM think we need a technician visit. Maybe the person we spoke to earlier today misunderstood. For a start none of the criteria stated on this website that needs to be met before a technician visit applies to us. We don't need the superhub moved, we have no other phones connected to extension sockets etc

A DECT cordless phone will be near the superhub. The day and time slot for a visit is rather inconvenient anyway they said there are not many available. All we need is a superhub 3 or above sent via Quickstart and a adapter sent before the switchover date which is 25th of February. We've used Quickstart before be that for a hub, or cable box. 

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mac51,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Can I ask firstly can the Hub and landline be co-located?

Let us know,

Kain

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@mac51 wrote:

Hi, we received a letter stating that we need a new superhub. We only have a superhub 2. So 3 or above is obviously needed. That's fine. But I don't understand why VM think we need a technician visit. Maybe the person we spoke to earlier today misunderstood. For a start none of the criteria stated on this website that needs to be met before a technician visit applies to us. We don't need the superhub moved, we have no other phones connected to extension sockets etc

A DECT cordless phone will be near the superhub. The day and time slot for a visit is rather inconvenient anyway they said there are not many available. All we need is a superhub 3 or above sent via Quickstart and a adapter sent before the switchover date which is 25th of February. We've used Quickstart before be that for a hub, or cable box. 

If VM is replacing the hub, VM's MO is they send a technician to do the swap (presumably to a) make sure the replacement hub is activated OK and b) the new phone service is provisioned correctly on the new hub).

Thanks.

As I understand it if you can have a DECT cordless phone main base unit within a meter or 2 of the hub. Then one end of the adapter goes into the hub(super 3 or above) grey port 1. And then you  just plug the end of the telephone cable that you unplugged from the wall socket into the other end of the adapter provided. The main base unit and the other cordless phone base units around the house should then all work. 

Well I'm not sure. However I used Quickstart from superhub 1 to 2a or 2c or whatever it is exactly. Obviously Quickstart is far more convenient whenever possible.

Thank you for reaching out and we understand a quickstart can sometimes be the easiest way for some people.

However we just want to make sure everything is up and running correctly and this is a smooth progress. 

If you really wanted you could just mention this to the tech and take the router off them at the door. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

mac51
Joining in

So am I right in thinking the only reason a superhub 2 won't work with this new fibre phone set-up is the fact that it doesn't have VoIP phone ports?

No other technical reasons? 

Hello mac51.

That is absloutely correct. The Hub3 and upwards have 2 grey VOIP Ports as well as the 4 Ethernet ports on the back.

Gareth_L