cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone

DELBOY31
Joining in

I have just been advised of changeover on the 19th July. Because of the location of the hub is remote from the phone socket and we have monitored  burglar alarm we were advised that we needed technicians visit to convert the system. The agent on the 150 service said we would receive an appointment within 40 mins but now 2 days later still no appointment. How do you make an appointment for a technician appointment?

7 REPLIES 7

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DELBOY31,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you've not received any information regarding the appointment for this changeover. I've taken a look on our end and it looks like a Technician appointment has been booked on the account.

You can view this on your My Virgin Media here, or if you like, I can pop you a PM and get some more details and then provide you with further information. Please let me know if you'd prefer a PM 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for the info I can now see it. However this is after the changeover date so am I to be left without a phone in the interim?

Hi @DELBOY31,

Thank you for getting back to us on this. If you've been provided communication about the switchover and an adapter then this will happen remotely for everyone in your area on the date detailed in the communication. Provided you connect your landline into the router from the date of the switchover it'll work, and you can find more info here.

You wouldn't need an engineer to attend unless for any reason you need to rearrange the setup of your installation in the home. If this would be required then let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

Thanks for the feedback

The problem I have is that the hub and phone socket are in different parts of the house so can't simply plug into the router.

We also have a burglar alarm connected to the phone

Hi @DELBOY31,

For the landline to work after the switchover it'll need to be connected to the router via the adapter. If you're unable to rearrange your home set up for that and require a technician visit then please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The problem I have is that the hub and phone socket are in different parts of the house so can't simply plug into the router so wiring would need amending 

We also have a burglar alarm connected to the phone

Hi @DELBOY31,

If you're unable to rearrange your home set up then please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team