cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone

wb2222
Tuning in

Got a problem  my landline phone is down stairs  in hall  my hub is in the bedroom when i get the new fibre phone it will be in bedroom not where i want it  i am a pensioner  and cant run up stairs all the time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @wb2222

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

I'm so sorry to here that you are potentially facing this issue with the new landline! 

Are you able to plug your case unit into the Hub but have the handset downstairs? 

Otherwise would you wish to move your Hub downstairs? If so we can arrange for this when the engineer comes to install the phone? 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @wb2222

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

I'm so sorry to here that you are potentially facing this issue with the new landline! 

Are you able to plug your case unit into the Hub but have the handset downstairs? 

Otherwise would you wish to move your Hub downstairs? If so we can arrange for this when the engineer comes to install the phone? 

Thank you. 

HI when you talk about case unit could it be a handset from a cordless phone moviing the hub from upstair would not work computer tower + monitor there.WB

So sorry that was a mistype there I meant to say base unit, as in for a cordless phone yes. 

Are you able to do that at all? 

Thanks again. 

HI I will need to purchase a cordless phone set up and hope it works WB,

Hi I will need to purchase a cordlless phone setup and hope it works WB.

Thank you @wb2222

Please do let us know should you have any further issues at all and we will be happy to look into this with you.

Thanks again.

Thankyou WB.

Andym1967
Joining in

Hopefully somebody from Virgin is reading this. I am messaging on behalf of my father-in-law. He is hard of hearing and at 87 finds dealing with these matters difficult. His home phone changed yesterday and was expecting an engineer to call because he has extention sockets and a emergency device connected. He finds calling customer services difficult because he doesn't hear the person or understand what they are saying. Obviously he now only has his mobile and if their is an issue the device around his neck will not work. The hub and main socket are not in the same room.

Hope somebody can help.

Andy

Hey @Andym1967,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that your father in law is having with his landline after the changeover.

Has your father in law pre-arranged for a technician visit or been advised by our team that a visit was booked in?

Do you have access to his online account? The main dashboard of his online account would show any pending visits from the team.

Is his phone still plugged into the wall socket at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L