cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone switchover question

Andy71seymour
Joining in

I have just tecieved an email saying about switching phone over to fibre. Couple of problems here. No where on hub to plug phone into, plus hub is in a different room to the phone. Looks like its going to be goodbye virgin from me

8 REPLIES 8

Richw1982
Rising star

All providers are doing the same thing and moving to a voip type system, so whatever provider you go with you will face same problem.  You will get your hub upgraded to a hub3 or a hub 4 and the point will be run from where your hub is to where your phone is so will stay in the same place

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Don't want wires drilled through walls,or wood floor disturbed

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Andy71seymour,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have a hub 3 that has two telephone sockets on the back of it. If your phone doesn't directly plug into the socket we will be able to send out an adapter that plugs into the hub socket and you plug your phone cable into that.

If you already have a hub, then there would be no need for any drilling or additional cables to be placed in your home.

You can find much more details about the changeover here.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thing is hub at opposite end of house to phone. Dont want 26 foot cable extension or the phone in other room nxt to the hub

Use a cordless phone base station plugged into the hub and use cordless extensions around the house where required.

If you happen to have another existing phone socket somewhere near the hub location, VM can link into that from the hub's phone socket to join the other extension sockets into the hub.

Wonder if virgin is going to supply me with a new phone  base with 3 handsets to allow this to happen

Hi Andy71seymour,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry we don't provide handsets however any DECT cordless phone should work with no problems, you can find out more the switchover here.

Regards

Paul.

@Andy71seymour wrote:

Wonder if virgin is going to supply me with a new phone  base with 3 handsets to allow this to happen

Nope but if you don't want VM to install any wires to link your extension sockets to the hub, then that's your other choice.