cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone switch over - answerphone now in inaccessible place !

Geoff-s
Tuning in

my hub is under the stairs and I called to ask what would happen when the changeover takes place as it’s only the main phone that has the answerphone on it.

Was told that the engineer would move the phone somewhere else so that it is easily accessible 

Engineer arrived today and when I explained the above to him he told me that they do not run cables - even though on your website it states 

“Ideally, the Hub and your phone should be within 2 metres of each other. Our technician will chat to you about this when they connect the Hub. If you’d like your phone to be further away from the Hub, our technician may need to do additional wiring. Don’t worry, this won’t cost any extra.”

I told him to go ahead and the phone is now under the stairs so we cannot easily see if any answerphone messages.

Not looking to have it changed again but for the benefit of others can someone please clarify if technicians will do additional wiring or not.

Thank  you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM Geoff-s

Just to update the thread, you have decided to not for the moment have another visit so we've gone ahead and cancelled that

Do pop back if you ever need further assistance

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Geoff-s

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear of this. I'll send you a PM now to book a tech in for the re-wire.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM Geoff-s

Just to update the thread, you have decided to not for the moment have another visit so we've gone ahead and cancelled that

Do pop back if you ever need further assistance

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team