cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone service switchover

DuploDog
Joining in

I was told to call Virgin to arrange the switchover. I called on Wednesday and was told an engineer would visit today and that they will also bring a new hub because my old hub is incompatible. I took the day off and waiting in. No one turned up. I called them back this evening and was told that I don’t need an engineer, it’s all done remotely. Now I’m confused. Can anyone advise? 

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DuploDog wrote:

I was told to call Virgin to arrange the switchover. I called on Wednesday and was told an engineer would visit today and that they will also bring a new hub because my old hub is incompatible. I took the day off and waiting in. No one turned up. I called them back this evening and was told that I don’t need an engineer, it’s all done remotely. Now I’m confused. Can anyone advise? 

If you have a Hub 3, 4 or 5 these have two telephone sockets (TEL1, TEL2) on the back. Earlier Superhubs 1, 2 and 2ac do not have these. Example image with the VM phone adapter connected below

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

You should be entitled to £26.24 for the failed tech visit if VM did not give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation.

Thank you. That’s helpful. I definitely don’t have the right hub so I guess I’ll have to try and call again tomorrow and see if I can sort this out. Surely it shouldn’t feel this hard!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DuploDog, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting 

I am sorry to hear your Hub is not compatible for the switchover, we will be happy to help. 

I will need to take a look at your account from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Although I can’t help but notice the failure to mention the fact that the OP has had a missed appointment and hence is entitled to some £26 or so compensation as per the OFCOM regulation - although I’m sure that this was mentioned in the personal message - wasn’t it?

No!

@DuploDog wrote:

No!

Oh no, can’t think why that might be!

So, I've just had the same email about fibre phone service switchover, and told that I'd lose my service on 18th February.  I've got an old superhub so need the engineer's appointment.

I phoned Virgin Media, and after 40 minutes on the phone, I've been told they've booked an appointment for me on the 28th March.  But I can't see it on the My Orders and Appointments in the Virgin Media app - should I see it there?  Just don't want to be in the same situation as @DuploDog.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DuploDog,

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

I am very happy we have been able to assist in getting this matter resolved. 

Please do reach out if we can assist further in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat