cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone not working

brockett
On our wavelength

I connected up to fibre phone today, but it doesn't work, my line is dead. I followed the instructions, and I really need my phone, can you advise please? I am using an old BT phone that worked fine with virgin before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @brockett, you got it right and I know exactly what you mean, memorable words all over the place for everything 🙂
I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @brockett,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues after the change over of your home phone.

Are you using the telephone adapter that should have been sent out to you as part of the change over?

Regards,

Steven_L

brockett
On our wavelength
Yes, I unplugged my phone and put it into the adaptor, and then put that into the back of the router. I tried it in both phone positions.

Thanks for confirming that @brockett

Are you able to plug your handset into the wall socket to check, if that line is still active?

Regards,

Steven_L

brockett
On our wavelength
I knew the switchover was meant to be yesterday but my line was still working so I didn't attempt the switch, then I tested it today and it had stopped working. So no the wall socket isn't working any more.

brockett
On our wavelength
The thing is, I am really not happy about having a fibre phone anyway, I need a guaranteed line.

Thanks for coming back to us @brockett, we would need to arrange a technician visit for this to be looked into further. 

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Unfortunately all of phone lines are being changed to fibre, which is the same as the rest of the industry as per the government regulations due to the closure of the old phone network. 

More information about this can be found here and more information from Ofcom here.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @brockett, you got it right and I know exactly what you mean, memorable words all over the place for everything 🙂
I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L

brockett
On our wavelength
Thank you! I'll go and look for it 🙂

You're very welcome @brockett and please do let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L