cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone extension socket

f300
Tuning in

Hello,

Our phone line has changed over to fibre and I’m hoping someone can offer advice!

We have an old installation where the Hub is at the back of the house in the dining room/office and our phone base station is in the hall at the front of the house near the master socket. I don’t really want to move the Hub or the phone.

There is an extension wall socket from the days of dial-up internet very near the Hub. The other end of this extension is not hardwired, it comes out in the hall as a splitter.

P1010081.jpg

The captured cable goes to the dining room extension socket. The BT male was of course plugged into the master socket.

Could I plug the BT male connector of the splitter into a coupler like this https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/telephone-accessories/3046683, then my phone base station into the other side of the coupler? Then a BT male to BT male cable from the Hub + VM adapter into the dining room extension socket?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning f300

Thanks for posting. You can try this but I can't guarantee it would work. If it doesn't work, let us know and we'll get an engineer visit to the property as it maybe a case we need to relocate the equipment. Best 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill