cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone 2 sockets

Dukepaul
On our wavelength

I have 2 issues with fibre phone.

Firstly I got a superhub 3 in my bedroom at the back of house with a hands free phone because I'm disabled.  I got VM to put a second phone line in 2 years ago at the front of the house for £99, so that my mum can use the cordless phone in the rest of the house.  How are we meant to use the two phone lines from one hub.

Secondly my wife who is also disabled and lives down the road, had an email saying she needs a technician will need to connect your home phone to a new WiFi Hub so you can make and receive phone calls over our fibre network.  She cannot speak and 150 don't have an option to book a technician, and we tried your whatapp and nobody knew anything about the fibre phone change over.

So who can we contact to talk to about these issues?

9 REPLIES 9

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dukepaul

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community. 

Have you now had the switch over at your property or are you awaiting this to be done?

I am sorry your wife did not receive help on the WhatsApp service. What exactly did the team advise please when she asked for the switch?

Please pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dukepaul
On our wavelength

I got the RJ11 adapter today.  No date.

My wife has a superhub 2ac I think?  Dose she need a new hub?  They was sending to different departments and all we wanted to do is book a technician to do whatever so that it's ready for fibre on the 16th August.

Thank you for your response.

She should be able to book an engineer via the messaging service. 

Is she still awaiting a response after being transferred to the relevant department?

You can use two phones depending on what the phones are. This has to be a slave and master set up meaning you can not have two master phones.

Now you have your adaptor, that is all you need 🙂

There is some helpful information here on how to set the phone up now you have your adaptor. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dukepaul
On our wavelength

I have my phone next to hub so that will connect to the hub.  The other phones are on the same line but use a different socket so would I need a technician to rewire that socket?

What messaging service?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It's not something I could 100% say for certain until it happens - it would be the case of an engineer attending if needed which can be arranged at the time. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Dukepaul
On our wavelength

How do I contact anyone about getting an engineer for my wife on Whatsapp, as it always starts with a bot?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You would need to send a message to it or you can call the team on: 0345 454 1111. Alternatively your wife can create a profile on the forums and we can assist with this. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Dukepaul
On our wavelength

I got no landline.  I had no switch over dates.  Just tried the modem and it's working from that.  But the other internal phone socket is not working, so can you arrange an enginer please.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dukepaul,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you didn't receive any information regarding the switchover but have managed to get things sorted by trying the Hub. In regards to your internal socket, I'm going to pop you a private message.

Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ