cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre optic

Alisonalexander
Tuning in

What is involved in upgrading by engineer to fibre optic for my landline 📞 phone ?

Will my virgin tv/ TiVo box work if I get rid of my phone 

do I need a phone line for Virgin Tv / TiVo box to work 

I have no broadband 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Website page about the changes here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

If you are TV and phone customer at present, VM should provide you with a VM hub to make the new phone connection but it will not provide any broadband function, just phone only.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Website page about the changes here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

If you are TV and phone customer at present, VM should provide you with a VM hub to make the new phone connection but it will not provide any broadband function, just phone only.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Alisonalexander,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues.

Can you please tell me if you have an active account with us for media? Are you looking to have a broadband only contract? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

To Hayley at virgin 

I do not want broadband only phone and tv 

Thank you for confirming this @Alisonalexander.

Unfortunately we can not process sales from this platform, please do call us on 0800 183 1234. So we can see what we can offer to you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Hayley_S

I don't think Alisonalexander is seeking any sales info or package changes, just reassurance and clarification on what happens to her existing TV/phone setup during the phone switchover process and how her phone will be connected when she has no hub at present. I have outlined my understanding of how it should work at #2.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the information @goslow.

If that is the case then please do follow the advice given by Goslow @Alisonalexander.

Sorry for any confusion with this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team