cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre network

Ken88
Joining in

I have just had an Fibre Network adapter to use when my switch over comes up.  Seems simple by their instructions - unplug phone from socket, inset adapter into Hub, then plug telephone  line into adapter. NOT POSSIBLE WHEN HUB IS IN MY UPSTAIRS BACK BEDROOM AND MY CORDLESS ANSWERPHONE IS DOWNSTAIRS IN THE HALL

Other users must have the same problem?????

Have been having difficulties trying to get through on 150?

Any answers please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ken88 thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome! 

Really sorry to hear you're having issues with the Home Phone Switchover. 

With the new 21CV line, there must be a connection from your landline device to the Virgin Media Hub itself, so this would mean you may require to either relocate your Virgin Media Hub or Landline Device.

Would you require assistance in potentially relocating your Virgin Media Hub and if so, I can look into this for you directly via a PM?

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ken88 thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome! 

Really sorry to hear you're having issues with the Home Phone Switchover. 

With the new 21CV line, there must be a connection from your landline device to the Virgin Media Hub itself, so this would mean you may require to either relocate your Virgin Media Hub or Landline Device.

Would you require assistance in potentially relocating your Virgin Media Hub and if so, I can look into this for you directly via a PM?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom W1

Thanks for your very helpful reply.  I hope I am replying in the correct way.

Yes I would like to arrange for my Hub to be relocated as it is no use having my answering phone upstairs.

Can this be arranged please.  Being a senior citizen and new to this I don’t what you mean when you say MP.

Kind regards

Ken88.

Hi @Ken88 thanks for your reply - no problem at all.

A PM stands for a Private Message - once I've sent this message, I'll send you a Private Message to look into arranging this for you where I'll ask a few questions to confirm security.

When a Private Message is sent, you'll see a notification on the Purple Envelope on the top right hand corner of your screen.

Please expect this to arrive within the next minute or so and kindly respond directly there!
Many thanks

Tom_W