cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre home phone switch over

Jbirch11
Joining in

Today I received a letter saying next year the traditional phone line will be switched to a fibre network.

The problem is I have a wired landline which is in the living room and the WiFi hub is in my daughter's room and the hub can't be moved as it is connected through the walls. Does this mean my daughter will have the landline in her room as we need it downstairs.

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

We're able to add additional ports within a property for a customer to be installed in the room where the phone is situated and run a cable from the hub, via an RJ11 adaptor.

Do please let us know when you're due to be switched over and we can process this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi we are due for the switch over on 27th April 2022.

June.

Thanks for coming back to us, if you're able to come back to us, closer to this date, we will seek to make take the desired provisions for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Jbirch11 wrote:

Today I received a letter saying next year the traditional phone line will be switched to a fibre network.

The problem is I have a wired landline which is in the living room and the WiFi hub is in my daughter's room and the hub can't be moved as it is connected through the walls. Does this mean my daughter will have the landline in her room as we need it downstairs.

Have a read of this info page ref the switchover.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone

Note the sections on

I have several phones connected to extensions – will these work?

What if the Hub and my phone are located in different rooms?

You need to make sure any such changes are incorporated into your switchover when it happens. In the past, VM have not been very consistent in doing this. You may need to press for it to be done when your switch happens although @David_Bn's reply does offer some encouragement that it can be included for you.