cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone

HHA
Joining in

Hi after a few phone calls and no one able to help have come here to try to resolve .... fibre phone due to go live end of April however hub is upstairs and phone is downstairs and wish to keep it this way and not a simple solution in place?

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @HHA

Thank you for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have struggled to get a resolution on this. 

The simplest solution would be to use a cordless phone. This way the base unit can stay connected to the Hub while the handset can remain downstairs.

Thank you. 

Thanks straight to the point however that is the issue no room exactly for the base and at least when the phone was downstairs whilst working in the office where hub is i could ignore , fibre phone great idea but no thought or help for peoples individual setups .... my easy solution fine get rid of the phone but then the price goes up (shameful options available)

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Unfortunately this does mean either a new smaller base unit would need to be purchased or the Hub will need to be moved to fit the phone. 

The engineer will be able to look into alternative places for the Hub to go with you should you decide to move it instead. 

Thank you very much. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@HHA wrote:

Thanks straight to the point however that is the issue no room exactly for the base and at least when the phone was downstairs whilst working in the office where hub is i could ignore , fibre phone great idea but no thought or help for peoples individual setups .... my easy solution fine get rid of the phone but then the price goes up (shameful options available)

Get VM to link up your existing phone sockets to the hub as part of the switchover process as they advise here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone

you need specifically to request it as VM won't come forward and offer it voluntarily!