cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone adaptor - need advice please

scarletp
Superfast

Just received the fibre phone adaptor and our switchover date is 9 August.  

Am not sure what to do as our phone line wall socket has always been in the entrance hall corner (front of house) so the phone/answerphone unit machine is also there.  The VM hub is in the study at the other side of the same wall but the phone unit lead is not long enough to pass around the skirting board and then along to the hub (also front of house).  

Can anyone advise please? 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello scarletp,

Thanks for your post.

We can look at relocating the Hub to a more central location so you can keep the phone as it it is. 

Let me know if you wish to try that as I can then look at booking an engineer to come out.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth_L

Thanks for your response but I have had a light bulb moment.  All I must have to do on the day is to unplug the phone from the power source and from the phone socket in the hall and then physically re locate the phone and base unit into the other room where the hub is and insert the adaptor etc. I have a spare power socket I can use for the phone near the hub anyway.  It now makes sense to me, hope I have got it right. 

Apologies for wasting your time. 

Hey scarletp, We all need lightbulb moments and yours has just shone the brightest.

It's hard to visualise how a customers home is layed out to be able to advise.

Should you need any more help with this, please let us know.

No need to apologise we are here to help 

Gareth_L