cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Network Adaptor

Merlin1231
Joining in

I put the new adaptor on today as advised, and the phone does not work.  I tried switching everything off and back on again, but still no luck. I am not technically minded and wonder how to get a technician out.  I cannot get through to anyone on my mobile. Thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Merlin1231,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues after installing the adaptor. To confirm, if the handset now connected to the back of the Hub and powered up?

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks Nat. Yes, all plugged in. There's progress though... the phone now has a dialing tone. However, it doesn't ring when there's an incoming call. The volume button is fully on. It is an answerphone so it is ok to leave messages and that works ok. I hardly use my landline, and it is more of a back up in case my mobile is out of action. So... I can get any messages left on the landline and can ring 1471 ok. I have tried a spare phone I have and that is the same with no incoming ring tone. If there is no solution, I can manage ok as my mobile is my main phone now. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me and I am glad to hear there has been some progress. 

Could you please try a reboot of the Hub itself and then try making a call again? If there is no ring tone after this, we may need to look in to this further and possible raise a request for a technician to visit. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Nat. I have rebooted the hub, and still no ringing tone on the incoming calls.  Everything else seems fine.  Also....one other thing. .. my main landline phone set was in the hall, but my computer and hub etc is all upstairs.  I had an extension telephone in that room.  Is there any way I can still use a phone in my hall, and another upstairs where the hub is?  It is not essential, so no worries if not. The main thing is my landline not making a ringing sound.  I can manage without it as it still takes messages and I can call people back.  But it is not ideal.  

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply.  It will need to be the base unit/main handset that is connected to the Hub but we can arrange for a technician to visit and rewire the set up if needed. 

I am just going to need to take a look from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Merlin1231, 

Thank you for joining me on private chat. 

I am very happy that we have been able to investigate and resolve this issue. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat