cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty landline - continuous engaged tone

plantlover
On our wavelength

Since yesterday it has been impossible to receive or make calls from my Virgin landline, so cannot even dial 150.  Instead of a dialling tone there is a continuous engaged tone.  If you ring the landline from an external phone it appears to ring normally as far as the caller is concerned, but the phone does not ring in practice. Status service page states there are no problems. Any suggestions gratefully received!

17 REPLIES 17

Thank you for the update @plantlover.

The appointment is still ongoing regarding your landline issue. In regards to compensation, you can find all you need to know here https://virg.in/autocomp.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

plantlover
On our wavelength

I have now received a text that my service visit is on hold as they are investigating a network issue. It seems to be no longer possible to access the service status page - there has been no acknowledgment of a network issue for the past couple of days so I'm really not sure what is going on now!

Sorry to hear this @plantlover.

It may be the case that our service status page has not to test been updated of a fault. Please bear with our team while they work to resolve this. If your issue persists, the appointment booked will go on as booked.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Phone line now seems to have been fixed remotely, although I haven't received any formal confirmation of this from Virgin. Thanks for your help anyway, I hope there will be no problems with the migration to the hub in October!

I Have the exact same problem. Brand new customer. Can only receive incoming calls. All outgoing calls go to an engaged tone. Dial tone fine

Hey greengekko, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see you are having some issues with your phone line.

Please can you just confirm that  you've checked for any cracked / loose cables?

Have you tried another phone / another socket? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, sorry I couldn't find this message, only notification of a message and each time i checked that on my little screen just took me back to the welcome page. Anyhow, as to your message. Yes I have checked and tried another phone, the VW engineer also had a look when he installed  second TV mini box and couldn't find the problem. He said it was likely a billing issue but CS said there are no issues and I haven't even had my first bill yet. They said there is a general outage for my area impacting on all services but I have all services working except outgoing calls. Weird? 

Hi @greengekko 

Thanks for coming back to us. Just to confirm, you are connected to the telephone port on the router?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill