cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault - telephone dropped low on street

Pdm123
Tuning in

Hi more for a Virgin media representative, i contacted Virgin media on Thursday about a telephone that has dropped low across a street and a road , was told someone would look at it as possible chance a tall vehicle will hit it … 

was told I would hear from virgin media regarding the situation an heard nothing, I felt the reported fault was not clearly taken on board by the company an the phone worker .. 

Difficult to contact virgin media these days an feel assured with confidence you’re being listened to. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Pdm123.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
It is really great that you have taken the time to report this low cable.

I have a feeling this may not be our as our cables are run underground.

The odd occasions we use a BT Line, Telegraph pole for services. But this would more than likely need to be reported to BT.

Do you have a picture of the cable that needs looking at please?

Gareth_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Pdm123 wrote:

Hi more for a Virgin media representative, i contacted Virgin media on Thursday about a telephone that has dropped low across a street and a road , was told someone would look at it as possible chance a tall vehicle will hit it … 

was told I would hear from virgin media regarding the situation an heard nothing, I felt the reported fault was not clearly taken on board by the company an the phone worker .. 

Difficult to contact virgin media these days an feel assured with confidence you’re being listened to. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Report to Openreach as well

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

or by phone

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/fix-a-problem/how-can-i-report-damage-to-bt-cables--poles--cabinets...

VM has recently started using Openreach poles for installation but more likely to be Openreach kit if via a telephone pole

Pdm123
Tuning in

8A1D3CB2-EA26-4F5E-AD74-607C0D051891.jpeg

When checking service of the phone line it’s saying a possible fault , an we need to send someone/ an engineer to look at it , as I have reported. Just looking for clarification, I got the how did we do message at once but no feedback 

Hello Pdm123

Thank you very much for that picture,

This would definitely need to go to Openreach as advised by @goslow.

Can you please let us know how you get on.

Do you have a fault with your home phone service.

Gareth_L

I have never used the home phone line ever in over 10 years, just told I need to keep it . 

Just so I’m clear I believe you’re saying the faulty line has no connection with my virgin media services ? 

Hello Pdm123.

With you being with us for over 10 years. I can happily say the services you have with us are connected to you under the ground out of harms way.

Gareth_L