cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIBRE PHONE ADAPTOR

iainandgladys
Joining in

Hi,

I have received a Fibre Phone Adaptor, which needs to be fitted on October 12. However, my phone line is plugged in downstairs, whereas my WIFI hub is upstairs.

What should I do? Do I need an engineer to come out and do something?

If so, how long could this take?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you will need to book a technician appointment to run a cable from the upstairs hub to the master phone socket downstairs.  The instructions should tell you how to arrange this.  There should not be any charge for this.

Not sure as to how long this might take.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you will need to book a technician appointment to run a cable from the upstairs hub to the master phone socket downstairs.  The instructions should tell you how to arrange this.  There should not be any charge for this.

Not sure as to how long this might take.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Iainandgladys, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting! 

Your post indicates you are about to undergo our homephone switchover where your service is moved to 21st Century Voice / Voice over IP (VOIP). This is where your phoneline runs over your broadband connection, and the landline is connected via your Hub. If you want more information about switchover you can find it here. We also have a useful help article including FAQ's which can be found here. 

If you want your phone to be located elsewhere to your hub we would need to raise a technicians appointment for you to help complete the switchover. 

I will send you a PM now to offer support with this. You will find it in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox.

We can return to this thread with another update when possible. 

All the best!

Molly