Menu
tristram
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extra usage charges

Hello! I have had extra usage charges on my last 3 bills.  Sept 9th  4 x1minute calls  £1.68p    Oct  8th 1minute call 42p   Nov  10th   1call  59p. Since my contract was changed, I do not use the phone during the week, so I have not  made these calls. I am a 77year old pensioner and am concerned about these charges.
  On Nov 15th  (billing)  informed me that the charges were for the same number each time   03....ending 4911.
Sunday Nov 22nd (billing) connected me to Technical  support. She told me that they could check to see if my phone line has been crossed.  No one answered. I rang again at 11am and  (billing) passed me once again to T. Support. I put phone down when no one answered after 51 minutes.Please can someone help to sort this for me.
Regards tristram.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extra usage charges

Could it be your house alarm dialing? 

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@tristram wrote:
<snip>Please can someone help to sort this for me.
Regards tristram.

There was a recent mention on the forum of a trueCall screening/blocker device dialling out regularly for updates and generating unexpected extra charges (that was to an 0208 number).

Is there anything like that connected to the line or any personal alarms, health monitors, audio visual or computer equipment, other telecoms devices apart from the normal telephone?

Do the call charges show up in the billing section of 'My Virgin Media' and, if they do, are they all for the same 03 number all of the time?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tristram, 

Very sorry you're having these issues, I can appreciate it's causing you some concern and you're keen to know the line isn't crossed. 

I'd also like to apologise you've not heard back from the team since, this isn't good. 

I'd love to take a closer look so I'm going to pop you a personal message and grab some details. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos