cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension

SilverDee
Joining in

Originally my landline went through to the kitchen and then an extension came back into the living room. Which is where the hub is. When the switchover came we had to connect the living room extension to the hub. Which works fine. 

But we no longer have a phone in the kitchen. My other half is agitating about this so what can we do?

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If your phone switchover was completed recently ...

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SilverDee, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear the kitchen line is no longer working since the switchover. When we send out notifications about the switchover, we do ask you to get in touch to arrange an engineer visit for extensions so we can make sure that things are sorted without any charge. As it's been a while since this change happened, there would be a charge for the engineer. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SilverDee, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

On Monday I got a text message saying they could offer me an earlier appointment - today the 5th between 1pm and 6pm. Of course I said yes. Stayed in all afternoon and nobody came! What do i do now?

Hi SilverDee, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

If there are any available appointments then the team will text those who are waiting. It is first come, first serve and you would have received a confirmation message to let you know about the change of appointment. 

Checking things this end, it looks as though the original appointment is still booked and you should be able to see this in the 'My Orders' section of My Virgin Media

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

thank you. That's a relief!

No problem at all. 

Please let us know if you have any further queries or questions 😊

In the meantime, enjoy your Easter bank holiday. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team