cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend ring time on landline

Fancypants38
Joining in

Could someone please tell me how to get the ring time extended on my phone?

My husband is disabled and struggles to answer it in time before it goes to answerphone. 

28 REPLIES 28

Thanks for your reply, Sally,

Sorry to hear this is ongoing. The ring services do look to be reset and I will attempt to reset again. Are you able to clarify a few things for us:

The maximum we can extend is 25 seconds, is the phone being picked up less than 25 seconds? Different handsets can ring differently so, I just want to clarify by seconds.

Do you have your own answering machine or is are you only using the voicemail services provided by us?

If you do have voicemail services switch on would you prefer to have the voicemail services switched off to give you a longer ring time?

Cheers,

Corey C

I don’t believe the phone is picked up in less than 25 seconds although I have not stood with a timer to verify. It rings about 5 times then goes to the Virgin Voicemail service which I would like to keep in place.

Please can the ring time be extended to 10 rings. It still has not happened.

I would like the phone to ring the maximum 10 rings before the Virgin voicemail kicks in please.

Kind regards

Sally 

Thanks for confirming, Sally,

I've checked and reset the ring time from the switch. Are you able to confirm if it's extended on your side, now?

Cheers,

Corey C

I have just checked and double checked and timed the point of starting to ring and it is going into answerphone at 17 seconds.

sadly not resolved

I have tried to get the number of rings extended several times over the years, to no avail. The VM operator says it has been actioned, but it never works. The last time I tried, I was told that it was because my phone line was installed by Telewest/Blueyonder, a long time before VirginMedia took over. To get round it, I have just invested in a new set of phones that are truly fantastic if you have mobility and/or sight issues. It has an answerphone which can be set to 8 rings, but is also very easy to turn on and off. Handsets are big button and have large, bright displays. Best of all, when a call comes, it not only rings, but it speaks the name of the caller (if they are on your contact list) or the number if not. I got it from John Lewis online - Panasonic KX-TGE723E. (Excuse me if I'm sounding like a marketer - I'm really not-- it's just that this thing has changed my life!)

Hi Fancypants38,

I'll send you a private message to confirm your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi, I have just read through this thread and was wondering if you could amend my ring time to 10 rings as well please.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @doubleamber,

I can certainly help with this! I'll drop you a pm to get some details from you - just look out for the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hiya can you help me with ring time on my landline it only rings 4 times 10 seconds. Please extend it to the maximum

regards

Steve

Thanks for your post SteveLaw,

I'd be happy to look into having this altered for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn