cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend ring time on landline

Fancypants38
Joining in

Could someone please tell me how to get the ring time extended on my phone?

My husband is disabled and struggles to answer it in time before it goes to answerphone. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello there @Fancypants38

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we are more than happy to help you extend your voicemail rings; they can be extended to a maximum of 10 rings which is around 25/30 seconds depending on your handset. 

I've not been able to locate your account from your forum information so I will need to pop you a private message so we can take some details from you

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Katie - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Thanks for your reply, Sally,

Sorry to hear this is ongoing. The ring services do look to be reset and I will attempt to reset again. Are you able to clarify a few things for us:

The maximum we can extend is 25 seconds, is the phone being picked up less than 25 seconds? Different handsets can ring differently so, I just want to clarify by seconds.

Do you have your own answering machine or is are you only using the voicemail services provided by us?

If you do have voicemail services switch on would you prefer to have the voicemail services switched off to give you a longer ring time?

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello there @Fancypants38

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we are more than happy to help you extend your voicemail rings; they can be extended to a maximum of 10 rings which is around 25/30 seconds depending on your handset. 

I've not been able to locate your account from your forum information so I will need to pop you a private message so we can take some details from you

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Fancypants38

Thanks so much for your Private Messaged over the weekend - I am sorry about the delay in replying, that had come in after I had finished for the weekend. 

I have no requested to have the rings extending for you and this should be working within around 24 hours 🙂 If they're still not ringing for around 25 seconds after 4pm tomorrow, pop back and let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Thank you

Will let you know if it doesn’t work. If it does thank you very much.

Sally

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

More than welcome Sally - it should go ahead without issue. 

Have a nice evening; stay safe 

Katie - Forum Team

Hello there

I am afraid it hasn’t worked, the phone is still only ringing about 4 times.

Please can it be fixed to ring the maximum times?

Kind regards

Sally Carey

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us,  

I have taken a look over things on our end and the information has been placed on there. 

We have asked for it to be extended to 10 rings. 

There is a little backlog that the team are working though so it might take a little longer than 24 hours.  

Are you able to let me know if this is now working? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I am afraid it has not worked so far 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I will check again tomorrow and let you know how things are looking. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I am afraid this still has not worked.

please can it be fixed, my husband is now blind and I cannot having trying to get to a phone quickly in case it rings off. Today he tripped over his shoes trying to get to the phone in time.

He worries the hospital are trying to call him as they wont leave a message.

Kind regards

Sally Carey