cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend land line ring time prior to answer phone

ElaineGG
Joining in

I have seen the forum has assisted several people with this problem in the past and I am hoping I can get some help.

My phone only rings 4 times before the answer phone kicks in - I would like to increase the rings up to 10.

If I am in the kitchen when the phone rings, I have to do a Usain Bolt impersonation to try and get to the phone before the answer phone kicks in (9 times out of 10 I don’t make it).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is Usain Bolt part of VM's Project Lightning?   rolf.gif

Sorry couldn't resist that.

I'm sure Akua_A will swiftly sort the ring time out.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ElaineGG.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear your Usain Bolt impersonation does not make it in time for the 4 rings. We would be happy to best help with this so you can take a leisurely stroll instead. I have been able to access your account using forum details. I have also sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is Usain Bolt part of VM's Project Lightning?   rolf.gif

Sorry couldn't resist that.

I'm sure Akua_A will swiftly sort the ring time out.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Just to say Thank You for sorting this out - now I have 10 rings before the answer phone kicks in. 😊

Bauble
Joining in
Elaine, if you read this I would appreciate help if you can, I have the same problem, 5 rings, and as usual Virgin provide no help at all, can you post the advice please, I would very much appreciate it,

Kind regards,

Bob (84 and counting)

Hello Bauble

I’m sorry I cannot be of much use - but when I posted my ‘request for help’ last August, within 15 minutes I had received a response from a member of the forum team. He was excellent and took responsibility for sorting my 5 ring problem out. Fingers crossed a member of the team will contact you soon.
Regards 😊

Hi Bob,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to see you haven't been able to get your Rings extended to 10, this is something I can do for you, I have located your account and as you have a standard line we are able, if this was Phone Via your Router we would have to speak to another team, so I can help I will invite you into a private chat, once you receive an invite, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hello, 

Could someone please help me with extending the rings on our land-line?

Our phone is connected via the hub FYI

Many thanks, 

Lucy

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lucyw38,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and thank you for your query. 

Unfortunately, we're unable to extend landline call rings on a VIOP landline connection. I do apologise. If you're experiencing any issues with your services, please let us know. We're here to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable
>> we're unable to extend landline call rings on a VIOP landline connection. << Good grief, what an inflexible backwards system. Also, all the times I called customer support trying (unsuccessfully) to get voicemail enabled and they all said they could set the number of rings for me. I always told them I needed the voicemail as a result of being switched to the inherently unreliable hub. Have they not been trained at all? So how long does it ring with this wonderful new digital "fix"? Or, let me guess, It depends and you cannot say. So is it normal (as I have found) that without voicemail enabled and when the internet is down or powercut etc. and someone tries to call you, that the caller just gets disconnected straight away (and charged for the call) rather than just ringing out or playing a sensible message to say the call cannot be connected at that time. Thus leaving elderly disabled people confused and worried after an emergency call to a carer simply cuts them off without explanation. Do Virgin Media think this is acceptable and can it be fed back to someone who can give it some thought and do something about it?