Menu
aitchross
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visited to setup equipment after moving home - landline does not receive calls

We had an engineer out today to set up our Virgin Media connection after moving home and transferring my services.

I asked for a new telephone line to be installed and he advised that they don't do that anymore and that we have to use the Router as they don't use telephone points anymore.

My problem is that I can dial out from the phone but I cannot receive any incoming calls either from mobile phones (message displays Call Forwarding Active) or another landline (says the number is not recognised)

I have tried all afternoon to get through to 151 but on hold a few times for 1hr and call just ends

I have also tried some of the call forwarding actions *#70 and it just beeps then call ends.

Can someone get back to me asap.  We have been in the new house for 2 weeks and only got internet etc. today so it has been a long 2 weeks - I just thought that everything would work from today - but not the case 😞

Heather

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer visited to setup equipment after moving home - landline does not receive calls

Good morning @aitchross 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

I have taken a quick peek at your account and can't see any issues with your landline services from here. How are things looking since your post? have there been any improvements? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
aitchross
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer visited to setup equipment after moving home - landline does not receive calls

Still the same - nothing has changed

Still get message when using mobile to phone the number that call forwarding is active 

From a landline get out of Service - number not recognised

We have switched everything off, we have changed the phone but still nothing

Heather 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I can take a further look into this for you. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we can get some further account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @aitchross 

Just checking in to see how things went yesterday? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
aitchross
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak an engineer called yesterday morning to come in and all he had to do was make a call to a department that deals with porting numbers and have our number ported to the new address. He was really helpful and explained that technically nothing was wrong with the equipment apart from someone needing to port the number to the new address. So basically that should be something that is done as soon as the install is done. I just feel that I should be compensated for not having a full service for a week now since installation. Especially when it was just a call to the correct department to port the number. I know things are difficult for everyone during these strange times we are living in. The delay of a fortnight for install was challenging enough especially when we have elderly parents who don't use mobiles to contact family if they need things. Thankfully they didn't need us in an emergency during this time. Thankfully as of this morning we can now receive incoming calls.

Thanks once again Zak

Heather 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me, 

I have just popped you over another PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos