cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer or scam?

Youer1c
Joining in

I have spoken with your contact centre as my nanas telephone line was not working and would not receive or make calls from or to mobiles. I spoke with an engineer yesterday around 5pm who said that he would look into the issue and raise it with the IT department. We then received a call on the landline at 9.15pm this evening which in its self is ridiculous from a mobile number. It was a gentleman, possibly Indian who said he was calling from yourselves and confirmed the issues discussed with the engineer yesterday evening without me commenting (I assumed this was legit as he knew the telephone issues discussed in the prior conversation with yourselves) he said that the issue looked like it had been resolved as I could hear him clearly and he could hear me. We have then just received a call on the landline again this time at 11.35pm from the same mobile number as the the previous ‘virgin’ staff. My nana has just lost my grandad a couple of weeks ago and is not sleeping very well then to have someone call at that time of night and wake her up in a panic is absolutely disgusting!!! I would like someone to get back to me ASAP or I will be taking this further. 

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Youer1c

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Condolences firstly from all at Virgin Media. 

I am also sorry for the landline issue but also the late calls. I am not sure why they'd call so late even if it were to check if it's all sorted.

I'll happily send you a PM, get the details and can raise this internally for you.

Due to colleague confidentiality, neither you nor I would be made aware of the feedback 

I'll send you the PM now

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill