cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly mum needs a virgin tech or engineer to help her with phone switch to fibre

juliewatt2008
Tuning in

My elderly mum received your adapter in post and instructions but is incapable of installing it due to being elderly and knowing very little about the devices in her house that allow her to use your phone and to service

she tried calling you but cannot get through to request an engineer come to her home to help her as her phone and to is dostairs but her hub is upstairs so she will need you help with switching over

please call her to discuss scheduling an engineer to attend her house to help her. She is over 80 and this is making her anxious and needs your help

also as she is elderly and has accessibility needs she will not be able to be without a phone service so you will also need to call her and talk to her about the emergency backup device she will need from you if there is power or network outage. Respond to me by email and I can let you have her account number so you can contact her to arrange both the above

my email is [REMOVED]@googlemail.com and I am listed on her account as a secondary person who can speak to you about her account 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Hi Julie,

You shouldn't be posting your personal email details.

Thanks how do I edit the message 

You only have about 30 minutes to edit a post but I have flagged it to a moderator.

Hi @juliewatt2008,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that your mother is having some complications setting up her landline service with the adapter following a switchover. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can assist you further. Please respond to that when you can and we'll go from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have replied to your private message 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @juliewatt2008,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!