cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBUL (Emergency line service) cost

dillyew
On our wavelength

I was told we could have an emergency line fitted (to make emergency call during a power cut) because of our age (mid 80s) infirmity and health issues. It was also clear that the installation was free and the technician came and installed it saying there was no charge, but he gave me a card relating to the SIM installed in the phone with guidance as to when that might need topping up. But are there going to be costs incurred just to have the line? Absolutely nothing has been mentioned as far as I can see but another VM operative has said I should check my bill to see.

That should not be the way it happens should  it? 

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dillyew,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry for any confusion around your new back up device (EBUL)  there is no charge for set up, in regards to the Sim what does the leaflet advise?

Regards

Paul.

dillyew
On our wavelength

Thanks Paul, as I think I mentioned, the setup is free, its the continuing service I am asking about, whether that is free. The technician said to check my bills, so it sounded doubtful, but nowhere can I find anything about cost of the actual service.

Re the sim card, all I have is the Virginmedia sim card holder where it says its 5g ready and I needed to keep that as the security pin no. on it is needed to top up the card.  Presumably depending how many calls are made from it.....I don't know!  He said the display on the phone would show when I needed to do that, I dont know if it is time or usage relevant.   I guess that might provide the answer to my query if you know!

I can confirm there is no charge, you may need to do something to keep the sim active however this should be in the leaflet the technician gave you.

Regards

Paul.

dillyew
On our wavelength
Sadly no leaflet was given to me Paul. He just said keep the sim card holder as I would need to produce the code number to top up the card. I asked how I would know and he said 'something' would come up on the phone screen!

Thanks for coming back to us @dillyew, you shouldn't need to top up the sim card this attached to your emergency back up line. More information about this device can be found here on page 35. This is the information that should have been given you at the time of install.

Regards,

Steven_L  

dillyew
On our wavelength
Thanks Steven, got the pdf and will keep for ref. Much obliged.
Dilly

Our pleasure @dillyew

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out!

Have a great weekend 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs