cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Telephone Service work when Hub 5 is in Modem Mode?

mbvogeldenebeim
Joining in

I'm trying to get my Hub 5 in modem mode.  When I look at the hub after putting it in modem mode, it shows that the telephony status is off. 

Can you have telephone service when the hub is in modem mode?

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mbvogeldenebeim,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Yes your telephone service will work whether you're in router or modem mode as the phone line runs independently from the broadband connection side.

Regards,

Steven_L

@mbvogeldenebeim out of interest, if you put the Hub 5 back into standard router mode, does the telephony provision work then?

Now the reason I ask is that for a long time, the Hub 5 while it was on a customer trial basis, had the telephony disabled anyway as it wasn’t compatible.Now I believe that fairly recently, it was enabled but I’m not sure if that is for all Hub 5 or only a select few. It is possible that with the firmware still in a test basis, it is not impossible that it may work in router mode but not in modem mode - yet.

The telephone ports on the Hub 3 and 4 definitely do work in modem mode, so presumably the 5’s will as well, but maybe not right now.

Yes - the telephone does work when the Hub 5 is in Router Mode.  I think it also works in modem mode as well although I have been unable to get the IP address from the Hub 5 to my Draytek router. 

I have a technical query with Draytek on this.

I've just installed my Hub 5, replacing a Hub 4 that was working without issue. I have also found that my telephone is dead after changing the Hub to modem mode, and in the Hub status page it states "Telephony (Disabled)".

How do I get telephony working with modem mode?

Hi uF0n,

Thank you for your post.

To confirm, if you restore the hub to it's original mode. Does your telephone services return?

^Martin