cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need 2 fibre phone adaptors as i have one phone next to hub and one in the hall

Paul260
Tuning in

I have one telephone next my hub (no problem) and one in the hall. Do i need two fibre telephone adapters to wire them individually (there are two phone sockets on the hub) when the change over happens in November.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paul260,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Yes, the handsets would need individual adapters. 

^Martin 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paul260,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Yes, the handsets would need individual adapters. 

^Martin 

Thank you very much for the very quick answer and of course the next question is how do you apply for two. I know it is early days yet but time does fly.

We would only be able to provide 1 adapter to yourself. You would have to get the second one yourself. 

^Martin

Many thanks Martin.

You're welcome. 

^Martin

@Paul260 wrote:

Many thanks Martin.

Paul, can I just clarify something, the two phones you have, are they on two separate lines, ie two different numbers? Otherwise is it the more usual arrangement of a phone plugged into the 'master' wall socket where the existing copper wire from outside is attached, with an extension socket with the second phone plugged into that?

John

Hi John, It is only one telephone line but the master socket is in the hall and the extension phone is in another room next to the hub.

On another note if it helps it is also possible if required for me to hard wire from the telephone socket outlet on the hub to the rear of the master socket in the hall.

I presume it would still be a two wire system.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM should offer to do the reconnection of your extension sockets to the hub free of charge as part of the switchover process.

If you are comfortable making the link yourself there is plenty of past guidance on here about ways to do that which you can be referred to.

The fact that you already have an extension socket next to the hub location should make the process much easier.

Many thanks John as i am new to this could you tell me how to find the info on the forum.