cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a Land Line?

RavenFallen07
Joining in

Firstly, apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere. I currently have both land line and broadband, but as I don't use the land line can I remove it from my package and just keep the broadband? 

Many thanks for the help 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Landlines come with a huge discount. You will now be on an integrated package, so to drop the landline means renegotiating the other parts of your package as well. As a result any savings are likely to be small single figure sums per month if anything at all. Also if you have any legacy items or equipment you may find yourself losing these.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

mpmc
Superfast

Generally VM BB with phone is cheaper than standalone. I would just unplug your phone and leave as is.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Landlines come with a huge discount. You will now be on an integrated package, so to drop the landline means renegotiating the other parts of your package as well. As a result any savings are likely to be small single figure sums per month if anything at all. Also if you have any legacy items or equipment you may find yourself losing these.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Bear in mind as well that changing the package starts a new 18 month minimum term contract, so simply dropping the landline is probably not a good idea.  If you're at the end of the fixed term, well worth phoning up and playing the "retentions game" to get a decent deal, but focus on price and the elements you want, accepting and ignoring any things that might be part of a bundle but you don't want (eg a free SIM, a landline, etc).