cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting incompetent service - Complaint going to OFCOM now

mickyf
Tuning in

What dire customer service:

I had extra call charges on a previous bill, could not view any itemisation on the app or my account, I was unsure any extra call charges were made so I called customer services and it was agreed that they would send me, free of charge, an itemised bill so the extra call charges could be identified. They stated it was 10 calls to the same number on the same day??

Itemised bill never arrived, repeated the process of calling and being promised a bill THREE times, guess what, still no bill arrives!

I have now raised it as a complaint and guess what, that process is a dire as their customer service, standard scripted responses asking me to call to resolve. Really poor, I wasted around 3 hours of my life on the previous three calls.

Complaint still ongoing and they can't resolve a simple situation, that is send me the 3 times promised itemised bill so that I can identify the calls. Makes more wonder why they cant send me the itemisation?? Were the calls ever made, is there an error on the account.

Absolutely useless, I have asked them to resolve by Monday, if not I will escalate with ofcom.

Has anybody ever experienced such dire service? 

Can anyone here possibly resolve the situation??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

It is a specific regulatory requirement that VM must provide free*, accurate billing information on request to all customers.  That's Ofcom's General Condition of Entitlement C3.7.  You can and should complain to the regulator Ofcom if VM are messing you around, but Ofcom won't intervene in the specifics of your case.  If you've got a formal complaint reference, then presumably there's a "resolution" been sent to you that resolves nothing?  In that case you can escalate the matter to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS.  At the mere mention of CISAS VM usually start to pay attention. 

If VM pony up the records and you're confident you didn't make those calls, then that's a breach of condition C3.2 that requires companies to have accurate call billing systems.  In that case it's again something you'd want CISAS to take a look at unless VM leap on it and sort it out for you.

* Online.  They can charge for hard copy.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

It is a specific regulatory requirement that VM must provide free*, accurate billing information on request to all customers.  That's Ofcom's General Condition of Entitlement C3.7.  You can and should complain to the regulator Ofcom if VM are messing you around, but Ofcom won't intervene in the specifics of your case.  If you've got a formal complaint reference, then presumably there's a "resolution" been sent to you that resolves nothing?  In that case you can escalate the matter to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS.  At the mere mention of CISAS VM usually start to pay attention. 

If VM pony up the records and you're confident you didn't make those calls, then that's a breach of condition C3.2 that requires companies to have accurate call billing systems.  In that case it's again something you'd want CISAS to take a look at unless VM leap on it and sort it out for you.

* Online.  They can charge for hard copy.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mickyf,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you had unexpected call charges and haven't received a itemised bill, we can only had itemised billing for calls moving forward and not calls which had already been made before adding, apologises if this wasn't advised.

I will be more than happy to help further so you have an idea what the calls are and whether or not this was caused by an error, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on thee purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Thank you for the information, I've just read about this via the OFCOM website, looks like this will be the way forward for me.

The below just shows how dreadful the customer service is, this is what shows on track complaint. I've had several scripted emails since the 17/06, not one containing a solution!

17/06/2022

Your issue's with a member of our team

We'll be in touch with next steps soon.

17/06/2022

We're looking into your issue

You'll hear from us soon.

17/06/2022

We're working on a solution to your issue

We'll be in touch soon.

17/06/2022

We'll be in touch soon.

20/06/2022

We'll be in touch soon.

20/06/2022

20/06/2022

We'll be in touch soon.

22/06/2022

We'll be in touch soon.

28/06/2022

28/06/2022

Your issue's with a member of our team

We'll be in touch with next steps soon.

29/06/2022

29/06/2022

We'll be in touch soon.

29/06/2022

We'll be in touch soon.

So after many private messages I finally receive a letter saying they will apply a £5 goodwill credit to the account for the inconvenience. I checked my bill and yes the £5 credit has been applied but some FOOL had then charged me £2 for an itemised bill! Three times they promised this, free of charge, still never received one.

Looks like a need to raise yet another complaint. I am so shocked how USELESS their customer service is!!! I have never experienced anything like it!

Cannot till December so I cant ditch this dire company!!!

Lets see if this gets resolved???? 😠

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mickyf, thanks for posting and welcome back to the community forum.

Sorry to hear about this billing issue and extra cal charges and for the whole experience you described.

In order to have a better insight as to what has happened, I will send you a PM shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed. I was sick of constantly wasting my time trying to call support/faults only to be told to reboot the box and getting nowhere so thought I would try the complaint page to get something done. Eventually got an automated email telling me to reboot the box and call faults if it didn't work and the complaint was closed. Wonder what bod thought that would be a good idea. Fortunately my contract ends soon. I doubt there is a worse company on the planet.