cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital home phone calling features

Shuff55
Tuning in

I have recently rejoined Virginmedia and my landline is now connected via the fibre network through my hub. I understand that this means that some calling features, like Call Waiting, are free of charge.

Please can you tell me which calling features are free, which are chargeable (and how much) and how to add any I might choose to my line.

The website and phone user guide are unclear.

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shuff55

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding digital home phone calling features. I'm sorry to hear that the information on our website was unclear, I will pass your feedback to the relevant team now.

Here is a list of Calling Features and their prices:

- Calls to 101 (Police non-emergency) : Free
- Free Voicemail : Free
- 1471 Last Calling Number : Free

- 141 Number Conceal : Free
- Caller Display : Free
- Voicemail Plus : £2.25 per month

- Ring Back When Free : £2.25 per month
- Quick Dial : £2.25 per month
- Call Divert : £2.25 per month
- Call Barring £2.25 per month
- Call Waiting* £2.25 per month
- Reminder Call £2.25 per month
- 3-Way Calling*** £2.25 per month
- Sending a text message from your Virgin Phone : £10.22p per month
- Anonymous Caller Rejection : £2.70 per month
- Alarm call : £9.18 per month
- Any combination of two or more of the above features : £3.90 per month

If you wish me to add any of these call features for you let me know and we can arrange this from here for you.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hello Serena

But on this page it says that these 4 for features now come as standard.

1AA58346-7850-4B01-B42A-B35DBDE0E504.jpegA9E6D15C-6BA8-4F79-9C17-31889B6BB453.jpeg

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shuff55

I am so sorry for the mixed messages regarding which Call Features are free. Have you taken a look at this Forum post for more information regarding the Call Features? I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hello once more @Serena_C

I’m still confused. The forum post you mention explains what the features do. I already know that.

The question is: Is the information on the images I sent from the Virgin Media website correct or incorrect? Are there, in fact, no additional call features as standard (free)?

Thanks.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shuff55

Thanks for posting on our community forum

The information on the website is indeed correct and all listed are the standard features.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Shuff55 wrote:

Hello once more @Serena_C

I’m still confused. The forum post you mention explains what the features do. I already know that.

The question is: Is the information on the images I sent from the Virgin Media website correct or incorrect? Are there, in fact, no additional call features as standard (free)?

Thanks.

I'm going to hazard a guess here (I'm sure someone will correct my guess if it is wrong!)

The web pages seem to present two different sets of info. This one

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

relates to those areas which have undergone the switchover process so everyone in the area is connected via the hub for the phone service

This page is a general page on the VM landline service

https://www.virginmedia.com/landline/calling-features

which lists a different combination of standard features.

So, is this a case of once an area has been universally switched over to the 21CV service the customer gets the features listed at the first link but, until then, they get the features in the second link even if their phone does use a connection from the hub in a not-yet-switched-over area?

Thanks to those who’ve replied.

I guess the only way to actually find out is to add some calling features and ask about costs then.

Can I do it on here or do I need to call 150?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Shuff55,

Unfortunately we are unable to do package changes from this platform, if you call us on the 150 number then you will be able to add the features you want.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide