cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital changeover

DavidRP
Joining in

Have been notified that I will be sent an adapter to connect my landline device to the Virgin hub.  This approach assumes that it is convenient to locate the landline device next to the hub, which isn’t the case. Is Virgin going to provide structured cabling to resolve the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

Well unstructured cabling possibly😀

What they should offer to do is send a technician down to run a cable from the hub location to wherever your master socket is now, disconnect the incoming twisted pair and use the new cable to connect the hub to the socket and hence your phone will work as normal.

How this cable gets run, stapled around door frames and skirting boards probably, is something for you to discuss with them when they pitch up.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

Well unstructured cabling possibly😀

What they should offer to do is send a technician down to run a cable from the hub location to wherever your master socket is now, disconnect the incoming twisted pair and use the new cable to connect the hub to the socket and hence your phone will work as normal.

How this cable gets run, stapled around door frames and skirting boards probably, is something for you to discuss with them when they pitch up.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DavidRP

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to our community forums. It's great to have you on the team. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling disappointed in the upcoming landline changes.

Can I just check, are you not able to plug the handset into the back of the Hub and place the phone there? 

To clarify the phone will not need to be connected at the wall socket only in the back of the Hub.

Thank you.

Ashleigh - Jem101 described an acceptable solution - you are assuming that it is a acceptable to locate a corded phone next to the hub.  A home phone hub for multiple handsets will need to be located next to Virgin hub. Not a satisfactory solution.
To answer your specific suggestion whether I can place the landline phone next to the hub - no. 

Thank you @DavidRP for confirming, I do need to ask questions to ensure I have a clear picture of the situation. 

If you are not able to locate the phone next to the Hub we can book an engineer to come out and assist with the switchover? 

There is not a charge for this appointment, I will pop you a PM so we can arrange this.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.