cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Phone - more than one handset

TeeJayN
Joining in

When my phone goes digital, Virgin will send me a phone adapter. Two questions:

1.  Does this mean my handset has to be near my hub - or have a long cable meandering through the house?

2. I have 3 handsets connected to the current phone line. How do I connect all of them to the digital line? Is it possible to connect the house's internal phone wiring to the hub, and then have my various sockets working properly?

(Don't just tell me to use cordless phones! I want a better answer than that!)

2 REPLIES 2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TeeJayN

Welcome to the community

Thanks for getting in touch. You will need to move your main handset near to the router so that the connection between the handset and the router can be set up. 

The older landline infrastructure is being completely removed from service by all telecom and internet service providers, making way for the newer IP system. Your phones internal systems will no longer work with this as the connection is now made through the router. 

We would recommend cordless or DECT phones that support this newer system if you are concerned that your phones are not going to be compatible. I appreciate that you wanted another answer other than a cordless option, but these are the recommendations if you wish to keep your home phone set up in multiple rooms. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person