cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn’t get an adapter

JannyJ
Tuning in

Hi I just need an adapter pls, I haven’t heard of the switchover and didn’t receive an adapter just wondered why my home phone won’t work properly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JannyJ 

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JannyJ 

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi thanx for ansa. it’s plugged into the hub, nothing else is plugged in. I don’t have another phone. 

Thank you for confirming this @JannyJ 

Has your landline always been connected to the hub and worked previously with this set up? You would not need to pay any mind to the home phone switch over as this is for customers that are still connected into the older cooper lines. 

What issues are you experiencing with the landline at this time? 

Do you have a dial tone at all or is it just only incoming/outgoing calls affected? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

It worked before but seems to have stopped working properly when I updated the hub to the 360, I have a dial tone but when I call my mobile it calls for a few seconds and then goes off, it’s the same when I call the home phone. 

Thanks for that info @JannyJ 

The 360 is a set top box which provides the TV service rather than the router or hub that provides the broadband service. 

Can you please try pin hole resetting your router/hub for me to see if this resolves the issue. Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi I can’t do it at the moment but I’ll try tomorrow when kids aren’t online and let you know. Thank you

Btw when u say 60 seconds do you mean hold a pin in the reset hole for 60 seconds? Or just press it and wait 60 seconds?

No problem @JannyJ 

At your next available opportunity please try the pin hole reset and let us know if this has resolved the issue. 

You will need to hold for 60seconds and then release then wait for the router to fully reboot, this can take up to 10 minutes and you might find that the router comes on and then power cycles/reboots again straight after - this is normal. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carley

I reset the hub this morning and the phone seems to be working, the connect app is now working too yesterday it didn’t find anything connected to the hub, so thank you for that. 
I have another problem with the sky go app, when I try to record anything it says “Recording is not possible due to channel rights restrictions.”

I have had this problem since upgrading too. I was told to plug my other tv box in as I don’t use it, it didn’t update to 360 and neither of the remotes work it just freezes. Do you have any idea what I can do please?

Thanx Jan