cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialing Tone

TopCat14
Joining in

OK, the switch to Fibre has happened today. After re-booting the Hub 3 we were able to dial out and receive calls, but, there is no dialing tone. We are in a Purple Zone, if that helps. The instructions said to wait for 2 minutes for dialling tone, but after an hour there is still no tone. Is this a fault, or to be expected in a Purple Zone?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have taken a look over the Account and the port of the number to the new system is due to be completed tonight,  It should be active from 8am.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @TopCat14

Glad to hear that you have managed to get the change over sorted. 

You should still be able to get a dial tone, could you pinhole reset the hub and see if this returns then? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I've pinhole reset the hub. The hub went through the same process as when re-booted; flashing all 3 green symbols in turn and finally turning them off. Still no dialling tone I'm afraid.

Thanks.

This may be stating the obvious (sorry) but If your handset is a DECT (wireless) one it may not make a tone until it dials a number, most of them won't do anything until you've entered a number & pressed the call (or phone icon).

However if yours did previously before the 21CV and without you doing anything, be it a DECT or a corded handset, there may be a fault somewhere.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have taken a look over the Account and the port of the number to the new system is due to be completed tonight,  It should be active from 8am.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thank you, you are correct. I have been used to phones that give a dialling tone when you pick them off the rest. Now it seems you only get a tone when one is actually dialling. All is functioning OK which is the main thing.

Thanks for the update TopCat14,

Glad to hear everything is working OK for you now. If you need any further assistance with anything in the future, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.