cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial Tone

jrooney
Joining in

I have had no dial tone on my landline for several days.

I checked current status and it shows that there is no problem with landline in my area.

I checked all connections - I disconnected and reconnected my phone and also connected another phone, but my landline still does not work.

I tried to find a way to book an engineer online (it was possible some time ago). Unfortunately, I am unable to call 150 from my landline as it is not working.

6 REPLIES 6

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @jrooney

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your landline. 

Please can you let me know how your landline is connected? Is this via the traditional landline port or via the hub? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

The phone is connected via a traditional landline port.

Thanks for letting us know jrooney, is this the same with a different handset or using a different wall socket (if possible for both)?

If so, we would need to get a technician out to you to get this looked into further.

Rob

As per my original message, i've tried a different handset in the same socket and neither have a dial tone.

I first raised this issue on Tuesday, we are now at Thursday and other than two bland and questions being asked, one of which i had already clarified in my original message, therefore no need to be asked, i'm no further forward with an engineer being despatched.

I need movement on this with a view to getting my services working. 

We can see a technicians visit has been arranged already jrooney, you can find the details of the visit hereThere will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Rob