Menu
Highlighted
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Default phone line volume too loud

Hi everyone, I have just come back to Virgin Media having been with Sky for a couple of months and not happy with their router. Previously I had my phone connected separately to a dedicated VM phone line socket. Now returning as a new customer, my phone line is connected by docsis and plugged directly into the router. However what I'm finding is that the default phone volume is just way too loud to be honest compared to Sky even at the lowest volume. When I use my VM phone and have it on speakerphone the lowest volume setting on my phone is just way too loud. When I use the internal speaker on my phone again at the lowest setting, it is too loud. Is their anyway to turn down the default minimum volume at Virgin Media's end ?

Thanks 🙂

Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Default phone line volume too loud

Hi soul1,

Thank you for reaching out with regards to your landline. I'm really sorry that you've been struggling with the volume.

I'm afraid that this isn't something we'd be able to change. It's likely that this increase is due to the improved clarity of the line, now that you're receiving our VOIP service. The only thing I can think to suggest is to try with a different handset.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Rachael_F wrote:

Hi soul1,

Thank you for reaching out with regards to your landline. I'm really sorry that you've been struggling with the volume.

I'm afraid that this isn't something we'd be able to change. It's likely that this increase is due to the improved clarity of the line, now that you're receiving our VOIP service. The only thing I can think to suggest is to try with a different handset.

Thanks,

Rachael

Hi Rachael, thanks for your reply. Yes the line volume is definitely louder on VOIP than through our old VM landline. However, I think I have discovered what the issue might be. It's only too loud at our phones lowest setting when calling VM as there is music playing in the background before you get through to someone. Perhaps the music volume level at VM could be adjusted so that it's a bit lower while waiting to get through to someone. Thanks 🙂

Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi soul1,

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know you may have sussed the problem.

I'd be more than happy to pass on your comments, although I can't guarantee what action would be taken with regards to this.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos