cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead phone line

J68
Joining in

Just upgraded from hub 3 to 5 and the phone line is dead....

Checked and triple checked the connections, rebooted at least twice. Used the connections that were supplied with the hub 3.

The phone x2 handsets are fully charged and worked fine b4 I changed over.

The app tells me there is nothing wrong with the home phone or the local service.

The WiFi is working well...

Please help, very frustrated..... 😡

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your phoneline provided by the hub? If so the hub5 cannot do phone at present

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @J68

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time. 

I am sorry to hear that you haven't been informed but the hub 5 is currently unable to provide the phone line. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

WHY, WHY, WHY was I invited to upgrade to the hub5.....

VM are fully aware of my plan, why invite/ intise me to join an upgrade and promise advanced services...

I have wasted a day waiting for a hub 5 to be delivered and installed...

I have now disconnected hub5 and reconnected hub3 unsuccessfully. I am now without internet or land line.

I have 2 frail elderly parents with whom I should be spending precious time with. I am so frustrated. I also require a good internet connection to continue with my MSC studies in the NHS..

Iam so frustrated

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't just whack the hub 3 back in, you need to call up and get it reactivated first 

Hi J68,

Thanks for coming back to us. We are sorry that you were not made aware that the hub 5 does not support landline before you decided to upgrade to this hub.

We fully understand the inconvenience this issue has caused, and you've been left without an internet connection or landline. 

Due to this, we can certainly take a look at your account for you. I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

J68
Joining in

Please can you advise when my hub 3 will be turned back on. I have no phone or WiFi

Thank you

Hi as advised you have to phone and reactivate your hub 3 the activation number 0800 9539500 have the serial no of the device your account number area code to hand. Regards Micky 

Thank u so much for your help.

I just needed the number in the first place, but I was passed from pillar to post.....

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the advise LittleMick73,

I'm glad that's now been resolved for you @J68.

If you do have any further queries then please don't hesitate to contact again.

Take care,

Kain