cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead landline!

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Phone line went dead last night, during a call. Now no dial tone, nothing, unable to call in or out..

Have tried connecting a second phone, nothing. Tried phoning my number from another phone (neighbours!) nothing, phone just drops the call!! 

Now, tried to sort this online, but the stupid system just sends me round in circles, and repeatedly says to phone 150 from a virgin landline!! (helpful NOT, as landline not working!!) 

Typical useless Virgin Media!! 

38 REPLIES 38

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'fault number F010251226'

Can I please have an update on this fault please.

STILL no landline, 10 days and counting... (fix date was 'supposed' to be 24th, from 21st, from 18th, from 16th) 

Assume this has now moved again??  If fixed, still no landline, or dial tone. Engineer needed, but, won't hold my breath..

Hi HughJarsse. 

I have checked the fault and can see that the fix time has been moved to the following: 

28 NOV 2022 15:30

Chris

'I have checked the fault and can see that the fix time has been moved to the following: 

28 NOV 2022 15:30'

In other words, NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE, except to change the date AGAIN.

YET VM STILL HAVE THE CHEEK TO CHARGE ME FOR A PHONE LINE THAT DOES NOT WORK..

Makes a MOCKERY of the 'we are working hard to fix this'  (REALLY means 'WE DON'T GIVE A MONKEYS!')  (engineers are 'supposed' to have been 'on site' fixing this since the 14th!!  JOKE!!!)

So, another 4 days, then another 4 days and another 4 days, etc, etc.....

Total complete B/S from VM.

Been told that there is no compensation for this as well!! 

The service should be intermittent and you should have the service here and there. 

We will aim to get this resolved as soon as we can. 

^Chris. 

'The service should be intermittent and you should have the service here and there'

WRONG. We have NO landline at all. There is nothing, at any time... no dial tone, nothing, and, if I try to dial my landline number from my mobile, it just beeps twice then drops the call. Even with a different handset, (yet BOTH work correctly on a neighbours BT line!!) 

Family have tried to call, and say they get the same, 2 beeps and disconnects....

2 weeks, and STILL VM can't seem to organise a repair!! Yet, I am STILL being charged for a landline I can't use!! 😡

Hi HughJarsse, thanks for the reply. 

I will send you a private message so that further checks can be done. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So, Engineer booked for this morning, and it appears that the problem was nothing to do with the 'SNR fault' that I was told was affecting the phone, (SNR affects the TV/BB only NOT landlines, so big B/S there then!) 

Simon, the engineer, quickly diagnosed a fault at the exchange, and less than 20 mins later, we have a phone line again!! (the original 'fault' still exists, fix date now next week!!) 

So basically, 10 days WASTED, because VM insist a local fault must be repaired BEFORE an engineer can be sent, (fixing the SNR fault would in no way have sorted the phone, so we would STILL have had to have an engineer out, (whenever the fault got fixed!) anyway!!!)

IF VM HAD SENT AN ENGINEER WHEN WE FIRST REPORTED THE PROBLEM,  we would not have gone 10 days without a phone!! 

Engineer, 10 out of 10 😎

VM, 1 out of 10 🤠

Hi HughJarsse, thanks for the message and I am happy to hear that Simon was able to get things resolved for you. 
Please let us know if I can be of any further assistance. 
Kind regards, Chris 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HughJarsse, thanks for the PM and I am glad that we could get this resolved. ^Chris.