cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead landline!

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Phone line went dead last night, during a call. Now no dial tone, nothing, unable to call in or out..

Have tried connecting a second phone, nothing. Tried phoning my number from another phone (neighbours!) nothing, phone just drops the call!! 

Now, tried to sort this online, but the stupid system just sends me round in circles, and repeatedly says to phone 150 from a virgin landline!! (helpful NOT, as landline not working!!) 

Typical useless Virgin Media!! 

38 REPLIES 38

So Travis, 

Basically another 'cut and paste' as the reply...Wonderful!!

'IF' as you state, 'Our team are working hard to have this resolved as soon as they possibly can' then to be honest, they can't be very good at their job, if after 9 days (and counting, 21st now next 'fix date' but I KNOW that will become 23rd, 25th, etc) they STILL can't fix it!!

This 'fault, apparently started on the 9th, yet, didn't affect us until 14th, and is supposed to also affect  tv and BB but we have no problems with those, just a sudden dead landline. 

To be honest, I am sure this 'fault' is NOT the problem with our landline, yet VM say they won't send an engineer until the fault has been fixed first..

Apologies don't make the phone work, sadly...

If this fix is again 'pushed further ' again on Monday, I am intending to make an official complaint. And, if it is found that the fault on my line is NOT fixed by this fault being sorted, and I have to wait for an engineer to sort the 'real' problem, rather than VM's 'imagined' one, then I am intending to take this complaint as far as I possibly can, to highlight VM's attitude to it's customers.   NON EXISTANT....

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HughJarsse

This certainly isn't a cut and paste response, this is being handled by our field team and is an outage affecting the whole area. They're working tirelessly to have this resolved as soon as possible. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

' this is being handled by our field team and is an outage affecting the whole area.'

So WHY isn't this showing on the service page then, if it's that big??

My current service page states there are no known issues for my location??

If, as you state, it's a whole area outage, why does the system not show the fault, if it's as bad as you state??

Pointless having a 'status page' that doesn't even show major problems!!

'fault number F010251226'

Can I please have an update on this fault. 'Supposed' to be 'fixed' today, 15:30, BUT..... currently STILL have no landline. (Now a WEEK after it happened!!)

'Fix' has moved 3 times so far, and now assume that because we still have no phone, it's been 'rolled over' again. (prediction is now 23rd, or 25th, or 27th, etc)

VM have little or no interest here, so complaint incoming!! 😡

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HughJarsse

Thanks for your response

The estimated fix date is currently 24 NOV 2022 15:30 - the outage is a Signal Noise Ratio outage which long story short means there is currently noise on the network which is causing area-wide disruption. Our network teams are working tirelessly to try and locate the issue, I do apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

So the 'floating fix' has, (as I said above) moved, but 3 days this time not 2!!

Any chance of it being fixed before Xmas??  0%!!

So here's my next prediction. On 24th, the 'fix' will have moved to the 27th  GUARANTEED

'I do apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.'

And that's supposed to be OK then. Doesn't enable me to answer the phone though!!

Both of us are retired, and rely on the landline, (which we PAY VM for) yet, they have a 'cavalier' attitude to 'service & repairs' because they already have their money from my account (taken 3 days early every month!!) so see no reason to hurry themselves. Having a relative ill in hospital, and having to give them my mobile number instead of the landline means my wife cannot answer the phone if I am out or driving!!

As for it being an area wide outage, strange that friends who live 2 roads away, have VM, yet their VM phone is OK?? 

Go figure. 

Complaint made, and now looking to move away from VM after almost 30 years, because the 'service' is non existant.  Assume there will be compensation for 'loss of service' (probably not, knowing VM!!)

We can understand the inconvenience caused by this ongoing issue @HughJarsse. Our team would aim to get the service up and running as soon as possible. The current estimated fix time still remains 24 NOV 2022 at 15:30. Please bear with us while we work on this. Also, due to the nature of our service, faults can affect properties differently despite the proximity.  If the issue persists past the given time, please let us know and we will do our best to look into this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

' If the issue persists past the given time, please let us know and we will do our best to look into this.'

All that will happen is, a revised date will be announced, and the usual 'cop out' statement 'Our team are working hard to have this resolved as soon as they possibly can' and 'fix dates are variable, and not promises to have the problem sorted' 

Now BET that on 24th, the 'fix date' moves to  27th That's a FACT!! 

According to VM, 'engineers are on site, and working to rectify the problem' (This was on 16th, 8 days ago.. (assume they have given up and gone home now?) and STILL no repairs done??) BEGGARS BELIEF!!  VM, 'supposed' to be a 'technology' company, yet, can't even make an effort to fix a fault after a week!!

Complaint raised,  number : C-2111222034. 

Let's see how VM's 'management' deal with it....

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused HughJarsse,

So I can take a closer look at your complaint I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

PM replied to  Alex_RM.